Visits

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hospital - 2

Well, yeah ... predictably enough, the hospital was not all that useful. For one thing, they had no x-ray machine that could perform an x-ray of the back (lol), so I just got a complete blood panel. Results were within fairly normal limits except for the white count, which was high (maximum result in normal range 70, my result 71.5). The thing that bumped that up most significantly was the neutrophil count, which would suggest that my body is fighting an injury of infection. Which I already know. Of course, in the presence of MS, the cells that are fighting the infection and probably being fought by MS itself. The motto of the MS process: Something wrong? Let's make it worse!

Last night, I arranged a house call with an expert (expensive) masseuse. He soon discovered the problem in my right shoulder (or rather, behind the right shoulder, beneath the scapula). The muscle there is, in layman's terms, 'in a veritable knot'. 

Damn right they are. 

So, how to loosen this knot? That's the question. Weekly massages? Medication? Both? My plan now is to consult with my local black market pharmacist in hopes of finding a particularly effective muscle relaxer. And also, as the masseuse suggested, to sit in the morning sun. Unfortunately, however, it is now rainy season in  
Bali. 

No comments: