Visits

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Shrine

 I've got so many flowers in my driveway now that it begins to resemble a gravesite, perhaps appropriately so. One gets to enjoy the shrine while he's still here to see it, which seems a superior thing to being in the grave already. One foot in the grave has its bright side. 

In my lifetime, I've never been big on flowers and plants and all. Never could see the point of the expense. But I must admit that when they just show up like this, and when the maid is largely responsible for watering them, it's kinda nice. The largest of these is a Bogainvillea bush which regularly erupts in large pink flowers, sheds those, and then erupts again. I don't know what the other flowers are, only that they are everywhere one looks. 

I have also been supplied with a new, glass-topped outdoor table and chairs, making it cozy to sit under the canopy and enjoy a coffee or a cigarette or a sandwich or even a conversation. In the past, the front driveway has been uncovered and fully exposed to the sun, such that one rarely chose to sit out there. Now, however, it is in the shade, thanks to the new canopy.

Additionally, Louis tells me that she is buying me a motorbike. This is an un-asked for and undeserved gift, as I reckon, and actually makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, somehow guilty, although I suppose that I should simply be glad at another's charity and thankful for the kindness. Perhaps I did something right in my years after all and this has inspired some rewards. 

No comments: