Visits

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Paint, He Said

What do you believe in?
Jesus Christ. You?
Paint.


These were the words spoken in a dream I had last night. A young red haired man, sitting on a fence, asked me the question. My response was immediate. So was his. He did also elaborate to small degree in saying that he believed in all kinds of paints, all kinds of colors of paint.

I do not know what he meant, and yet I find it oddly compelling. Paint.

Significant also may be the fact that we both spoke in Bahasa.

Kamu percaya pada apa?
Yesus Kristus. Dan Kamu?
Cat.


Paint covers things, it changes things, it beautifies things, it restores things. Paint can be used to whitewash a fence or to create a work of art. Paint is color, color is variety, a finished canvas or wall is comprehension, wholeness, the spectrum of light.

The more I think about it, the more confident I become that I too believe in paint.


No comments: