Visits

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Strange, Occasionally Fortuitous Things My Mind Does Under the Influence of MS

For instance . . .

After having gone to Starbucks this morning to do my customary blogging stint, I got a phone call from my wife just as my first cappuccino showed up (delivered personally to my table, oh by the way, because I had already forgotten having ordered it). On the other end of the cell phone her voice seemed oddly hesitant as she asked where I was, what I was doing, and so forth. Then she apologized for yelling at me before I had left the house.

She needn't have mentioned it--because my mind had retained no recollection of any such occurrence. It took, in fact, some reminding before I could recover even a small sense of something having happened of the nature she was suggesting.

Oh, that's okay, I said. Why did you yell at me? What did I do?

There are things, as far as my brain is concerned (or not concerned, as it were) that may as well have never happened, for they have not been recorded, have not been saved, or have otherwise fallen through bottomless holes.

No point in arguing about nothing, right? No point in crying over spilled milk that did not actually spill at all, or was never even taken out of the refrigerator.

. . . and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds

Amen?

He works in strange ways, for sure.



No comments: