Visits

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bali in Dubai

My buddy, Adi, will soon be moving to Dubai, where he has been hired for work in a five-star hotel. Good on you, Adi! But I will miss seeing Adi here at the Plaza Renon Starbucks. He befriended me early on, and offered his help on any number of occasions--most notably when he took time out of his schedule to help me look for a place to move--although, as it turned out, the owner of the house I was already living in changed in mind at the 11th hour, such that I didn't have to move anyway. 

Adi is a bright and ambitious young man, intent on succeeding and moving up in the world. Dubai is a long way from home (I don't think he has ever been outside of Indonesia), but he is young and vigorous, and I think it will be a great, and a valuable experience for him.

Good luck, bud! Bon Voyage. 

No comments: