Visits

Friday, October 12, 2018

Migrant Pain

I've been stuck with my least favorite sort of pain over the last few days (when one always has one sort of pain or another in one locale or another, he ends up choosing out favorites and least favorites). This is the one that centers in my lower flank, around toward the back, just at the base of the ribcage, and it is accompanied by an uncomfortable swelling in my right flank. This would be a common spot for kidney pain, associated with a kidney stone, for instance, but it is clearly of more of a musculoskeletal nature and is relieved somewhat with an icepack. It is quite oppressive, quite uncomfortable and it's putting a hell of a damper on my usual 'sunny disposition'. It also makes sitting in a chair very uncomfortable, which is unfortunate given that most of my entertainments involve sitting in a chair, such as the one I'm sitting at now at Starbucks, and either writing, reading, or watching a movie. Walking is a more comfortable activity, pain-wise, but the temperature today is round about 500 degrees Fahrenheit (I think), so walking is out. The only helpful application, really, is that of patience, for, as long as history is the reliable measure, the pain will soon migrate back to my shoulder and neck region, which I find far more bearable. 

No comments: