Visits

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Not In PLain Sight

I had not seen Takut the black dog in a few days, except for a couple of brief sightings late at night. I find this morning that this is because he has made his new residence underneath the floor of the patio out back, from whence he emerged to watch me eat a bowl of Wheat-Bix. 

Why he has decided to life underneath the floor, I do not know. I thought at first that it might be due to the rain, but the fact is that the entire patio is covered, so why would he need to go underneath? Perhaps he is thinking that it is a safer place in case the villa caretakers are here (as they usually chase him off). Still, it might have occurred to him that they are not always, or even often here. But then, true to his given name, maybe he is just takut--afraid. 

But anyway, it was nice to see him again. And, in fact, I probably shouldn't be so quick to judge. I myself have never tried living under a patio floor. Perhaps it is more pleasant than it seems. 


No comments: