Visits

Friday, April 19, 2019

On and Off

One day on, one day off. That seems to be the pattern of the dreadful throat plague these days. I will feel fairly well, go out and do something simple, like grocery shopping, and then the next day will feel fairly lousy again. Yesterday was particularly bad, as the whole thing seemed to be returning to his starting point--sore throat, sandy feeling in my mouth, burning up from my neck to my head (though, as usual, no actual fever), unable to breathe through my nose. 

Curiously, today I suddenly feel kind of like I have a regular head cold--which I welcome, actually, in favor of the plague.  Coughing, achy, sniffly, tired--all the "normal" sort of symptoms. For the first time in my life, I'm enjoying having a cold. 

Why has this happened? Who can say? One thing I've done differently is that I have started taking cold pills. These were not mentioned by the doctor, and so, as I assume, not recommended. I have also started using nose spray (again, not mentioned or recommended). Have these anti-cold measures actually given me a cold? 

So I will continue to pursue this course today, in hopes that it will give me a worse cold and less plague. Sad when one begins to think of improved health in terms of a particular character of general illness. But such is life in paradise these days. 

In the meantime, I must apologize (again) for not having something more interesting to talk about. My friend here at Kampung Kumpul did return from Sumba yesterday, with which he was quite positively impressed, and a new tenant moved in to one of the family units--a woman from Brazil, though of European heritage. I've not had a chance to talk to her at any length. 

No comments: