Visits

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Sasha

I got a message from my stepson, Sasha, yesterday, wherein he wrote "Hi, Dad. I just want to make sure you know that I love you."  And then he added, "Just remembered a time when I got mad at you at the swimming pool in Portland. I'm sorry."

Well, I have no recollection of 'the time he got mad at me in Portland'. Lol. Likely it made little impression on me at the time. Part of being a dad. Sometimes kids get mad. I know, because I have been through five of them.

But I certainly appreciated his dropping a line just to say I love you. He has always been fairly good about that, even though he is, like all young folks, busy with his own activities and relationships. We old folks have done our job, but it's nice not to be totally forgotten.

No comments: