Visits

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Play Ball!

 It has been raining all the day long here in Sanur, which has been inconvenient because I have been wanting to go out and get the free coffee customarily offered to Starbucks card holders. There is a big difference between going somewhere in the rain in a car and on a motorbike, believe me. But anyway, I finally gave up on waiting, for the rain had merely increased, donned my long rain smock and plowed through the weather to the mall. 

Upon arriving and announcing that it is my birthday, I was told that the former practice had changed and all that was offered now was a free slice of red velvet cake. "But I don't want a cake," I said. "My wife just sent me a cake this morning." 

Happily, my barista friend Ishac took over and I ended up getting both a coffee and a cake. Oh well, it's only once a year (although the cake Louis sent will last for some days to come). 

Other than that, I am looking forward to the NFL conference playoff games on Sunday (Monday here). This year features two teams that I dislike, the Bills and the Buccaneers, pitted against Kansas City and Green Bay respectively. I am betting on Kansas City and Green Bay to win, though the reader should be forewarned that I am usually wrong. 

No comments: