Visits

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Now I'm a Believer

 Well, I have to admit that I have been positively surprised by the Harris campaign. As I mentioned here previously, I felt that Biden could have won the election fairly easily, but it appears now that Harris may win even more decisively than Biden would have, so it's all good. She is, after all, basically committed to carrying out Biden's vision for the future. And what we need ultimately in this election is a resounding victory in hopes of finally stamping out the poison that MAGA has injected into American politics--a resounding victory not only on the presidential level but on a congressional level as well so that we may secure a democratic House and Senate and actually get some things done in this country. 

Of course there are still nearly 100 days left before the election and the Republicans are desperately searching for anything they can cling to. This, so far, turns out to be insults, racist and misogynistic slurs, fake outrage over fake issues, and the like. Frankly, I think most people are finally tired and turned off by crap like this. Yes, there are some who will doggedly cling to Trump's dark vision of grievance, paranoia and fear, but hopefully many more are seeing the light of optimism and joy that the Harris team is bringing to the Democratic ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching Biden’s speech at the convention last night, felt a mixture of sadness and great admiration. Sadness because he will not be continuing, and privileged to be watching the greatest president of my adult lifetime say goodbye. He will be missed. No offense to Kamala, but she is not Joe. Like comparing a hall of famer to a rookie. Wishing her well and as Joe said, he’ll be around for advice…

R.W. Boughton said...

Anon: Joe Biden is a good and decent man who perhaps has lived past his time, as have you and I also. ( I take you to be an older gentleman like myself. Forgive me if I am wrong). When I hear that most young people nowadays get their news from Tik Tok, I'm inclined to just throw up my hands and excuse myself from the national discussion. But that's where we are, God help us, and May the everlasting God be with Kamala Harris as she campaigns and becomes our next president.