Visits

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Latest MS Report

And now for an MS update. My biggest problem recently has been a daily headache. Headache is too mild a term actually. It has been relentless and severe enough to make me fel nauseated and as if I am about to vomit. Aspirin is useless. Ibuprofen is useless. Antihistamines are useless. However, the good news is that I finally went to the neurologist last night and he has prescribed soemthing that may be effective. It's a mix of paracematol and diazepam and the first tablet has kept the headache pretty much at bay since this morning, although it it just now, at 5:30, returning to my left eye.

We also talked about Prozac and information I had recently read that it 'may' slow down MS progression. He was aware of this study as well, so gave me a prescription. We shall see what happens, if anything.

There is still nothing that has been very successful is stopping the ringing in my ears. I continue to take clonazepam when needed - which really only puts me to sleep at night, and only in that sense improves the problem of the ringing. The ringing itself is unpredictable. Can be very loud and then sometimes much quieter, for no rhyme or reason that I've been able to discover.

The doc has suggested, additionally, that I make a point of getting regular exercise - walking and swimming. I've begun to do so, since I have plenty of time and no reason not to. 

1 comment:

Cynde said...

I just discovered your blog, so I've been reading through old entries. I have SPMS, and I also get headaches (though yours seem much worse). My son (age 27) has been getting migraines since he was 5. In the early days, I gave him feverfew, which reduced the number he was getting - from 5 per week to 2 per month - but it stopped working. New he takes Exedrin Migraine at the first sign of a headache, and it works. It works well on my headaches, too.