Visits

Friday, April 17, 2015

Unacceptable

I have long been a supporter of President Obama and his policies in general, but I must say that I cannot support his approach to negotiations with Iran. I do agree that we should negotiate a deal with Iran regarding their nuclear program. In fact, I don't even see that the possession of a nuclear weapon by that country would be particularly meaningful, as it would not be useful to them in any practical sense, given that using such a weapon would only guarantee the total destruction of their own country. However, to even speak with a leadership that continues without apology to call for the annihilation of the Jews and refuses even to recognize Israel seems to me abhorrent in the extreme. Here is where the line must be drawn and never removed. We may say, 'Oh, it's only talk. ' I suppose that many said the same thing about the Nazis in the 1930s. It may be only talk - but it is talk that belongs on no one's lips in the 21st century.

No comments: