Visits

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Hari Kamis

Got an early start this morning. Not that I intended to. I just woke up at about 5, couldn't go back to sleep, so decided to get up and get going. The most tiring thing about taking a walk in the morning, really, is getting prepared to do so Getting dressed tends to be exhausting, especially when I get down to the shoes. Seems to take forever and require significant effort to get my feet into them, especially since this requires bending down to where my feet are. Moreover, the shoes, which I recently bought, are rather argumentative, seeming generally unwilling to permit the insertion of my feet. 

At the same time, I have found, on the positive side, that my easy chair slides quite easily on the ceramic tiles (and so does an upright human being, as I have found, painfully, many times in the past). But my easy chair, as I had begun to say, may as well be a wheelchair on these tiles, conveying me to wherever I want to go that would otherwise require the effort of standing up and bending over and so on. If the bed weren't in the way, I could slide all the way back to the bathroom! 


In any case, once I finally get ready and head out to the bike, it's fairly smooth sailing from there. And it was nice to get to the beach so early, while the weather is still mild and the sun is just rising from the sea. Nothing yet open on the beach at this hour, and the only people one sees are other walkers, generally doing a much better job of it than I. So I walked from the Bali Hyatt beach up to the next beach entry, whatever that is. 




No comments: