Visits

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Face Blind

There's a man sitting by me at Starbucks who may or may not be my next door neighbor. I'm not certain. I only see him every day. 

Yeah. 

This is one of the weirder among the weird symptoms associated with MS, though not experienced by all who have the disease. There's a thousand choices open to the damaged brain, and this just happens to be among those that my brain has chosen. 

It is called Face Blindness among other things, including 'annoying' and 'embarrassing'. It is often merely a delayed recognition, a time lapse between seeing a person one knows and actually realizing that one knows the person, but sometimes is a total loss, dispelled only by the intervention of the unknown person himself. In other words, he may speak to you and need to remind you of who he is and how you know him. 

So anyway, my plan is to make a definite note of what the possible neighbor is wearing (black tee-shirt, camouflage shorts, tennis shoes) and then spy on him later back at the villa in order to establish positive identification. 

For what it's worth. 

As next time I see him, in some future day, he will likely be wearing something else and will have shed his identity once again, or rather, my brain will have done so. 

No comments: