Visits

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Lost in the 50s

The photo below showed up this morning on my 'Facebook Memories', first posted six years ago. I don't remember posting it. I don't remember how I happened to have it in the first place (perhaps my cousin sent it?). I don't remember sitting for the photo, I don't remember where it was taken--surely either Oregon or California. I don't remember, and I can barely guess, how old I was. Three? 

And yet … I do remember. I gaze at the picture and I remember in my deepest parts, and my heart is stirred with love, with gratitude, with comfort, with wistfulness, a sort or homesickness. 

These precious hours
We know can't survive
But love's all that matters
While the past is alive ….

--Lost in the 50s Tonight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes cousin I sent it to you. It was taken at SLZ station. I still have the chair your mom is sitting in, subsequently reupholstered by my mom.