Visits

Friday, September 11, 2020

Shorting Out

 It suddenly occurred to me yesterday afternoon that Hey, I'd better make that call I've been meaning to make to the bank so that I can update my address. This is important because my card will expire in October and the bank will be sending a new one. Sending mail to an address in Indonesia is a difficult enough proposition on its own. Sending it to an old address would be fatal. 

So, late in the evening, about 10 o'clock, I suppose, I called the toll free number for Chase and, amazingly got connected straightaway. I stated my business and proceeded to read out my current address, spelling each word. At the conclusion of this process, the Chase rep said, "This is the address we have, sir." 

"Huh? Really? How can it be?" 

What sort of magic is this, I wondered. 

"Well ... according to our records, you called two months ago and made this change."

Hmm. How interesting. That was me? 

Oh well, I guess it's a new variation on the old saying: If you succeed the first time, try, try again anyway. 

I'm either way ahead of myself or way behind myself. Not sure which. 

No comments: