Visits

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Waking

 I sure do miss being able to wake up feeling fresh and rested, which apparently is a thing of the past. Every day now, I wake up early in the morning feeling like I've been run over by a truck. I try to rest for a little longer but soon must drag myself to my feet and get the aching parts moving. The pain in general extends from my right lower back to the right side of my neck. Walking at first is a bit of a challenge, as both legs have gone stiff and unwilling to function. 

I noted the other day, from an old Facebook entry, that this is something that started more than four years ago! How time flies when you're having fun, or otherwise, right? I noted that back then, in August of 2016, the pain was restricted to my right neck and shoulder. Some time before that August, it had begun as an extremely sharp pain behind my right shoulder blade. Thankfully, it became less terribly intense over time and spread in a milder fashion downwards into my flank and back. The only thing I've found to help it in all this time is a hot shower--and even then only temporarily, of course. 

Making things worse yet this morning was an accompanying feeling of dizziness which caused in turn a mild nausea. So I continued to wobble about my usual morning activities and now I've wobbled out to Starbucks for my morning coffee. Usually, I would have preferred to wobble to the beach on a Tuesday, this being a day the maid will be at the house, but I just felt too lazy for that. 

No comments: