Visits

Saturday, May 29, 2010

All the News from Bali, and Less

So many men here in Bali with "man purses." I don't know folks. I just can't get myself to go that far. Not that it wouldn't be convenient sometimes--seeing as how we are often wearing shorts or swim trunks without pockets. But still. The laptop case is a man purse, right? And I seldom go anywhere without my laptop.

I guess what I really need is a smaller, lighter weight laptop, lest I end up looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I tried to read that book once, and just could get started--which is ironic, since Les Miserables, by the same author, is just about my favorite book of all time.

Now I realize that writing down stuff like this is convenient for me but of little interest to you, the reader--if indeed you are out there to begin with.

Well, so what? Wnat to make something of it?

White dog's pups have still not opened their eyes. Mostly they just lie in the cupboard under the sink and sleep. Ah, but I have been here before (though a long ago), and so I know that this peaceful arrangement will not last. Yes one day they will open those eyes, all ten of them, and stand on their little feet, all 20 of them, and then there will be hell to pay in our home.

Four of the pups have already picked up names along the way. One we call Sally, because she just looks like a Sally. Another is called Jimmy, another Jimmy-Spot. To the runt of the litter my son has given the name Grunty. Why the last pup has not yet a name I do not know The fact is, I cannot even picture that dog in my mind. He or she may as well not even be here.

Perhaps we will call it The Invisible Dog, or The Dog Without a Country (though I hate to think of the nickname it would end up with). Anonymous dog. X? Dog Number Five?

Well, I'll keep working on it.

No comments: