Visits

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

George and Jeb

If I were George today, I'd be kinda pissed off with my brother Jeb. Knowing what we know now, Jeb said, I would not have gone into Iraq as President. But I suppose George understands it's all about politics and what statements are most likely to get brother Jeb elected. Really, though, it's kind of a stupid statement. I mean, how would anyone know what might happen in the future? And for that matter, how would they know what would happen in a scenario where we didn't "go in"? What is he recommending? A general paralysis as commander in chief? Better not do anything, because we never know what might happen in the future? And what is it that we know now, in Jeb's mind? That the Middle East is a mess? What else is new? Did we make it messier? I don't know. You'd have to have the details on the picture from what didn't happen in order to judge, which, of course, we can never have. A direct statement of what he would have done under the circumstances at the time would have been much more useful than one regarding what he would have done with the gift of seeing the future. So ... Not impressed by the logic here. Wishy-washy warning alert.

No comments: