Visits

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Toothless

Went to put in my false teeth this morning, and couldn't find them to save my life. I don't like wearing false teeth, but they do come in handy for chewing or smiling, though I don't do a lot of the latter. Still , I do kind of need them. Where could they be? 

My first thought was of Sparky. Had he eaten my teeth? Or perhaps he is wearing them? Ah, there he is in the corner. 

"Sparky, here Sparky, smile Sparky." 

Nope, definitely not my teeth. But where then? How can it be?

Ah, but the maid was here yesterday. Surely she will know. In fact, I see that she has washed the little bowl that I always keep the teeth in

So we call her on the phone. 

"Oh, yes," she says. "I threw them in the garbage."

Naturally. Simple as that. After all, no one was using them at the time.

Good grief. Who throws away false teeth? False teeth, moreover, that cost several millions of Rupiah? 

I did find the teeth at the bottom of the bin, but I'm still trying to figure out the decision making process here.

No comments: