Visits

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Bananas

I stopped in this morning at one of my favorite cafes for my usual morning coffee and whatever tasty 'etcetera' I might find in the display case. 

"I'll have the banana bread," I decided. "Dipanaskan" --heated.  

"Sorry, Pak. No electricity right now."

"Oh, no problem," I replied senselessly, "I'll be eating outside." 🤔  

"Ok. One slice banana bread."

"Heated, okay?"

"Umm ... There's no electricity, Pak."

"Oh! Sorry, sorry," I say sheepishly and shoot myself in the head with my index finger.

"Sorry for the inconvenience," she answers. "Maybe you want water? Or orange juice with that?"

"No, no. I'll have my usual cappuccino."

"Uh, Pak," she says, with a tone of pity, disbelief, and a 'God, this bule is dumb as a board' look in her eye, "Cannot. No electricity."

🤣🤣Good Lord, what's wrong with me? I should be asking for a brain replacement rather than a slice of banana bread.

No comments: