Visits

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Villa Stay

 Evelyn was here in Bali this past week, and as it turned out, her visit coincided with my ex-wife's request that I stay in her Villa while she was in Norway and Iceland. So we enjoyed luxurious living in Louis and Wayne's new Villa, to watch over the place and to take care of their dog, Etta.

Evelyn had in mind that she wanted to explore how to take the bus in Bali, as at some later date she and her sister have a plan to take the bus to Ubud and possibly to Jimbaran. 

We found that the buses here run in really a pretty inconvenient way. There seems no such thing as a bus that takes a direct route to where one intends to go, but each bus must go around in various circles, traveling in the exact opposite direction one wants, then turning around and heading in the direction one does want. The long and short of it is that bus travel requires an unusually long time and some  discomfort. Definitely not my cup of tea, but I guess that Evelyn and her sister won't mind so much as I. So they will take their trip without me. Or at least the one to Ubud, which took pretty much the entire day, with two transfers, and not even getting off the bus other than that.

In any case, with that out of the way, we enjoyed ourselves around the villa and with touring around Sanur as we usually do. As always, we enjoyed each other's company very much. I swear, I like this girl more every time I see her. She may be back again in late October or early November, and Louise has once again offered the villa for our use.













No comments: