Visits

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Exercising for Trumpstipation

 Well I've been gone for a while, once again, but I'm back now, after a fashion anyway--this time back from the nightmare of hernia surgery. This may not be so bad for many, or most folks, but see I've never had surgery of any kind before. I did not know that it would be so painful. Lol. Luckily for me, my girlfriend insisted on flying here from Jogya and staying with me in the hospital and then afterwards during the first week of recovery, for which I am so very grateful. 

We stayed in what this public hospital refers to as a VIP room, but which in any western country would be considered rather small and shabby. One hospital bed and one narrow cot and a view of ... well, the other hospital buildings. At least the AC was good. Better in fact than mine at home, which is once again broken and blowing just plain old air. 

After coming home, Evelyn encouraged me to try to move about as much as possible. Instead of just sitting and watching the Trump news, why don't you watch it while stretching. The idea being that something positive might come of the Trump news after all. So I began to move about and do simple stretches as demonstrated by her.

On top of the hernia problem itself, I had been experiencing, before, during, and after surgery, a problem with chronic constipation, and this became particularly problematic when combined with a hernia and a new surgical wound in the groin. Ouch! 

So it happened that I named this activity Exercising for Trumstipation.

I'm feeling better now, the Trumpstipation has at last resolved, and I am able to drive the motorbike and walk a fairly straight line from a parking spot to a cafe. Moreover, my stepson, Sasha, has arrived here from America and is currently staying with me out at Louis and Wayne's villa in Renon (Louis and Wayne are in Europe and will return next week). And my God he is big now, and tall, and buffed, while I have somehow shrunken! Sasha loves to talk and laugh and philsophize and critique, and we are having a great time together.

No comments: