Visits

Monday, March 30, 2009

Healed (Again)

Today I received my third faith healing. Getting kind of tedious, honestly. But what can you say? No thanks, I don't want to be healed? No, you pretty much got to do it, if only for the healer's sake. Who knows, if you turned them down, they might curse you instead.

I was feeling pretty good right at first, but then realized pretty quickly that I hadn't actually been healed, given that I couldn't think straight and my wife became angry at me because of it.

I guess maybe you have to go to one of the big shots like Benny Hinn in order to get a first class healing. Kind of like going to Johnny Cochran for legal representation rather than to the Howard brothers, Mo, Larry, and Curly.

The funny thing--and the thing that pastors do not appear to see-is that MS has been for me as much an instrument of healing than anything else. It is one of those ironies, so prevalent in the life of the spirit, that weakness ends up being strength, and sickness ends up being health.

And Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."

This is Christ--the God who exists without need of your efforts.

No comments: