Visits

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Thankful

I received a message from my friend Samuel the other day. The message said, "Mr. Will, what happen?"

You see, he had noticed something I wrote on Facebook about my cancerous ear saga, and though he cannot read or speak English, he was able to note the word 'cancer' and was concerned. 

I sent a message back, briefly explaining the thing, and received the following message from Samuel. 

"Mr. Will, I come to your house tonight." 

Similarly, other friends and acquaintances here picked up on the post and immediately expressed their concern and good wishes. 

I mention this just as a way to express my surprise and my appreciation at receiving so many caring inquiries. I really did not expect that anyone would even notice, much less rush to my house. And although my ear and I have not been parted after all, it's nice to know that folks cared.  

No comments: