Visits

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Xmas Morning

Had a nice visit over the phone this Christmas morning with my son in Portland. Generally, I only hear his voice once a year, as his own phone does not receive long distance calls--but this was on his mother's phone, as he, his mother and her husband always spend Christmas Eve together. As it turns out, however, I will not be able to send him the money I was going to send, as the stepfather refuses to share his account number for a transfer of funds. Oh well. It's the thought that counts. 

Yesterday afternoon, I had a Christmas Eve visit with my old friend, and former next door neighbor, Vyt Karazija. As usual, we talked politics and pretty much ironed out all the problems of the world in the couple hours we spent together (while his lovely wife went shopping). 

Otherwise, the big fat brown dog made a Christmas morning visit to the house (as she does every morning). She seemed to know it was a special morning, given that she kept waiting to receive more treats than usual, whereas she usually gets her one sausage and then goes to sleep. Anyway, she had two sausages, two slices of pastrami and two windmill cookies. 

Over at Starbucks now for the Christmas morning coffee (just like every morning), and then later my friend Christoph will come by the house for a visit (which makes me think, just now, that I should have cleaned up the house before leaving this morning). 

No comments: