Visits

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Driveway Dog

The little black dog in the cage next door has now become a bigger black dog, bigger than his cage, and has also finally found a way to escape from the front gate to his driveway. Essentially, he is living in my driveway now, where he can come and go as he pleases, although he does not, so far, please to come into my house. He remains too shy or fearful to interact with me, and it may also be that the big fat brown dog has given him to understand that he is not allowed in the house (not my decision, but hers). The black dog sleeps under my window at night, or in the alcove at the side of the house. No wonder his howling seemed so loud when it rained or thundered at night. He's right under my window! The brown dog seems to like him well enough, which is rare for her. Whenever she leaves the house, the black dog leaves with her. Nice to see him getting some exercise and making some acquaintances after a young life trapped 24/7 in a cage. The  other little dog who used to be in its own cage next door has altogether disappeared. RIP.

No comments: