Visits

Monday, January 21, 2019

Medicare

As my 65th birthday approaches, two days from now, I am disappointed to have not received a Medicare card in the mail. I had written to SSA some months ago to be clear on this matter and was told that since I am already receiving Social Security benefits (since age 62), I would automatically be enrolled in Medicare and receive a card 'about two months before my 65th birthday'. Rats. In the interim, I have written twice more to SSA and received no answer. So it appears that I will need to make a call to them, which is a real pain in the ass, given the less than stable telephone system in Indonesia as well as the long distance charges and the likely scenario of being put on hold while elevator music plays from the other end. I mean, I can't use Medicare here anyway, but I had hoped to have the card in my back pocket in case of sudden emergency. 

No comments: