Visits

Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Yearly Thing

Seems that my landlord has done gone and did it again. 

Last year at about this time, he suddenly decided that he wanted ten million more in rent per year. I said no, and began to look for a small place to move to. I had checked out several and was just looking at another when he called to say, "Oh, wait, I changed my mind." He would stay with the original price as long as I contracted for two years. 

Fine. 

One year later, he has again changed his mind. Again, he wants ten million more per year. What happened to the two year arrangement agreed to last year? Well, he seems to have forgotten. 

As it happens, however, Louis still has the phone message record of the agreement. She has sent this to him and neither of us has heard back as of yet. 

Now, if a renter agrees to a two year contract and then decides to back out, there is a penalty. But perhaps landlords are not under the same obligations. 

In any case, the saga will continue to unfold. Or unravel. However it may be. 

No comments: