Visits

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Kavanaugh Kapers

So here I am, on pins and needles over what Michael Avenatti will reveal about Judge Kavanaugh within 48 hours. Actually, 24 now. Lol. Absurd, isn't it? My country is like one of those old TV shows--don't miss our next episode, same time, same channel! At once entertaining and irritating. In the meantime, our senate has become completely useless to the people it is supposed to represent, for the two parties are entrenched against one another and the battle is to the death. Where Kavanaugh and his mounting number of accusers are concerned, both parties are already decided, without having yet heard any testimony. They will hear the testimony, and afterwards they will still both be decided as they already are--for it has nothing to do with Kavanaugh or his accusers or what he might or might not have done. It's about one party wanting to force through a candidate for a Supreme Court seat and the other wanting to prevent it.  Of course, the Republicans have the upper hand because the Republicans control the show. For now. That will change eventually, and then we will see the same dynamic in place, only in reverse. The end result is futility. For my own part, I would be happy to see the Kavanaugh nomination bite the dust, because I just plain don't like him. You see, I am decided too. He strikes me as a privileged, rich little snot, arrogant and evasive. I doubt that his past is quite so lurid as the Democrats would like to make it appear (I mean, we're talking about high school and college years, where all young people are pretty lurid). On the other hand, the choirboy, squeaky clean picture he paints of his past seems pretty perfectly unbelievable to me. But the trouble is, he has painted it (essentially, he has lied), and now must stick with the lie. Wouldn't it have been simpler from the first to say, 'Well, okay, I wasn't perfect as a young man, but I'm sorry about that, and I'm all grown up now'?  Why is it that our government officials must start with lies and only arrive at the truth when they are cornered? 

1 comment:

Mb said...

Agree100%. Just own it and move on. It is about his honesty! He isn't very honest.