Visits

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Hodgepodge

This morning, one of the two managers here, by the name of Sia, moved into the unit across from mine at Villa Kampung Kumpul. Hers is one of the two large family units, a benefit of being a manager, I guess, because  no doubt she gets a discount. Seems to be a nice young woman, and she will be a long stay tenant. So that makes three people here now, two pretty women and me. Woohoo (I would say if I were young). But I reckon it will probably be convenient to have a manager across the way. I hope. Although she, as with the other girl, will be out at work most of the time. 

I find my left arm this morning more normal in color, though still red compared to the right arm, and it has re-covered itself over night with another top layer of dry, peely skin, although it is not itchy this time around. Seems like a positive development to me, as long as it moisturizes over time. I'm glad at least that this problem did not afflict my face, as I am way to vain, even at my age, for that. 

You know, every time I write something here, I automatically think of my son reading it, as he always did, and then I remember he's not here anymore to read it. And this makes me feel alone and sad. And disbelieving all over again. In the back of my mind, I am always thinking that I can go back to America and visit him. But then I remember that I would have to go a lot farther than that, farther than anyone can travel in the flesh. Then again, maybe he is closer than I imagine. If not, why he is always so present? Are you reading this, Holden? What do you think? 

No comments: