Visits

Monday, August 31, 2020

RIP




As soon as I came to this new neighborhood, just a few months ago, two little dogs attached themselves to me. A little white dog and a little black dog. The black dog was a bit larger than the white dog, a bit hungrier, and a bit more stricken with ADHD. For that reason, I reckon, he stuck close to the white dog, did whatever she did, went wherever she went, as if he were her own tail. Sadly, the little black dog often ended up in a cage just about big enough for a bunny rabbit. Here, he would howl and scream the day and night long, and when he got out, he would run to my house and fall asleep in the corner beneath the window drape. Sadly too, the little black dog developed a skin problem which ate away the fur on the right side of his neck and caused him to scratch constantly.
Well, suddenly the little black dog disappeared, unseen for some days now. The owner says that he ran away. That seems unlikely, although I wouldn't blame him if he had. And yet, I don't think he was smart enough to run away. He didn't know anything other than what the white dog showed him. In any case, he had no reason to run any farther than my house, where, as he already knew, he could find food and safety.
Whatever the case, I will say in eulogy that he was a sweet little dog--a bit yappy, sure, and not the brightest penny in the bank, but sweet and harmless. Rest in peace, little guy, wherever you are.

No comments: