Visits

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Really? Teeth Again?

 Thankfully, I did not have to endure a throbbing pain in my mouth last night, sleeping peacefully throughout. I had taken two particular measures to combat this problem, at least one of which seems to have been effective (fingers crossed). The first as to start a course of antibiotics. The second to rub mint oil on the lower gum. 

I have long used mint oil to alleviate headache, and it occurred to me that it might help on toothache as well (or gum ache, there being no teeth to ache). I googled the idea and indeed was informed that mint oil may be used for this purpose, both for numbing and for antibiotic/anti-inflammatory benefits. 

I still have ten days to go (at least) before the dentist can fit me for the new upper dentures, and to tell the truth, I'm kind of afraid to aware the dentures at all at this point. I suspect that it was a mistake to wear them after the root extractions, as they have have been an irritant in the healing process. So I'm just gonna stick with soup and various soft, gummable foods for the next ten days, because that problem I had developed on the lower gum hurt like an SOB. I'm also gonna run out later and buy some more mint oil, because although it is damned expensive stuff, it does seem to work rather well.  

No comments: