Visits

Sunday, January 23, 2022

68

 Been a while since I wrote anything here, but here it is my birthday again so I guess I'll jot something down. 

A few days ago, Louis called and asked "What do you prefer for your birthday--iPhone X or iPhone 10?" I said there's nothing wrong with my phone (an OPPO). She said "Too bad. You're getting an iPhone. 

Yesterday she called and said "Where would you like to have your birthday lunch."

"I don't want a birthday lunch," I said. "As I've already told you, I don't see much to celebrate in turning 68." 

"Yeah, well, you have to choose a place so I can make reservations." 

Good grief. 

So we had a birthday lunch today at Bali Bakery--Me, Wayne, Louis, Nengah (our maid), Destu (our gofer and general helper) and several other people whom I could only remember vaguely. It was a nice lunch, with cake to top it off of course. And I was presented with my iPhone, which I am now trying to switch over to from the OPPO, an Android device. Not something I'm talented at. 

Sixty-eight seems much older than 67. I suppose 69 will be even worse. Not to mention 70. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your birthday!

Mb said...

Jan. 23 is a great day to have a birthday. Happy birthday