Visits

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Vacant Room

 I had a dream last night--which I have either had before, as it seemed familiar even in my sleep, or perhaps just had twice last night--wherein I was lying in a bed in a rather large but completely barren room, off-white in color, nothing on the walls. There was nothing whatsoever to do in the room. There were no windows as far as I noticed. By the bedside was what appeared to be a calendar, and yet no dates, months, individual days were indicated. Just blank paper. I seemed aware that there was no food to be had in this place, but was aware also that I was not hungry in the least, though I had surely been in this bed for a long while--surely weeks or months, who knows? I'm just thinking in the dream that I might as well go back to sleep when I suddenly hear my mother's voice calling out "Okay, Richard, time to get up! Let's go! Up and at 'em". 

Now what do you reckon all that means? 

2 comments:

Christoph said...

When I just read it, it sounded a bit like I imagine being dead.

R.W. Boughton said...

Christoph--Or getting ready to die. I could see that.