Visits

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Floods

 Awful lot of rain here in south Bali over the last couple weeks. Major flooding to the point where tourists are being "rescued" from their hotels. Someone may need to build an ark. 

Not really flooding where I am in Sanur. Only problem is that my toilet is acting up. Lol. Strange. When it rains a lot, the toilet will not flush. When it stops raining, the toilet is fine. This is all connected to a septic tank system, and I'm not familiar with those. My girlfriend sent me a couple of articles. Apparently, the septic tank can get full from the rain and unable to handle more water from the toilet. I did not know before this that the septic tank system "cleans" sewage and releases it back into the ground. I thought a septic tank was a totally closed metal receptacle. So it may be that the tank is just not able to handle all the rain, or it may also be that there is some sort of problem with the tank. I dunno. If there is a problem, they'll have to dig the damn thing up, which means breaking through the patio cement and all. Hopefully the situation is not so dire as that. 

I saw videos from nearby Renon where a knee-deep river was running down the street, motorbikes still trying to struggle through, and apparently, water had entered Plaza Renon mall, flooding the ground floor. 

My goodness, this is only the beginning of wet season. Wonder what else might be in store. 

No comments: