Visits

Friday, March 10, 2017

The Daily Dose

Rough day for motorbikes. Everyone seems to be wearing a target, such that driving is sort of a dark comedy of near misses. Or hits, in one case. Saw what looked to be a pretty serious accident on my way to Kimia pharmacy. Two bikes, one guy lying on the road, moving but not getting up. About 300 bystanders, of course, 200 of whom helped moved the bikes of the street.
After a coffee at Starbucks, I returned to my bike to face the fairly common struggle of trying to pry it from its parking spot. It looked like a pretty good spot when I left it, but these people have a special talent for turning a parking lot into a wrecking yard The parking attendant, a particularly scrawny little guy, came to help me extract the bike, but between the two of us - I with a very sore shoulder and back, he with his pretzel-like arms, had a rather challenging time trying to lift several 250 pound Hondas.
Sometimes a coffee is hardly worth the trouble, as now, back home, my neck and shoulder hurt like a son-of-a-bitch.

No comments: