Visits

Thursday, May 31, 2018

RoseAmbien

I was just about to write an article entitled "Ambien, and how I became a racist", but nah. It's just another marcher in the parade of absurdities that is known as America these days. It's exhausting, really, this constant head shaking, such that many of us have begun to resemble Parkinson's sufferers. No, no! It's not a disease. It's the news! Believe me. 

As far as Ambien goes, although it is sometimes prescribed as part of treatment of MS, in that it will help you sleep in the presence of pain or RLS, for instance, I have not, to my recollection, ever used it. Can't be sure, though. In the last ten years, I've tried a lot of different drugs, most of which have not been particularly effective. Let's see … Avonex, Copaxone, Baclofen, Provigil, Nuvigil, Paxil, Prozac, Neurontin, methylprednisolone, Dexamethasone, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Xanax, and … hmm, maybe a handful of others I have forgotten. Xanax, I guess, does the same job Ambien is intended to do, but without the racist side-effects, so I do fine with the Xanax.

And as far as Roseanne Barr goes, I had never seen her re-booted series, and wouldn't have wanted to in any case, as I did not care  for the first one (to put it mildly). The celebration of ignorance and bad attitudes seems to me neither interesting nor funny. Moreover, Roseanne's public persona always struck me as equally creepy to that of Tom Cruise or, well, Donald Trump. 

I see, by the way, that the maker of Ambien has now released a public statement rejecting Ms. Barr's assertions about the drug. Lol. As if ….     

No comments: