Visits

Friday, June 1, 2018

Day and Night

Although my neuropathic pain has been generally improving over recent days, I suddenly woke up last night in pretty bad shape--pain in my arms and shoulders and extending from there down my spine. Of course, it didn't matter which way I moved or tried to adjust myself. It was just there. 

So I thought, Well, it must surely be almost morning, almost time to get up. I took a look at my phone, which I keep on the window sill at the head of the bed, and found that it was in fact morning--just barely. One o'clock in the morning. 

Shit! You mean I have to lie here for 5 more hours? My God, I had slept only 3 hours but felt like I'd been lying there as long as Rip Van Winkle. 

Well, finally I went back to sleep, who knows what time that was, and when I awoke--thankfully, this time, it was 6:30 am--I had only residual pain at the top of my spine. 

So I'm tired as the day begins here with my morning coffee, but still, I think, on the road to improvement where the pain is concerned. 

No comments: