Visits

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Haircut

To dream of willingly getting a haircut represents a fresh start or change in your thinking style. Shedding unwanted thoughts, emotions, or life situations. Alternatively, you may have gone to far with something and are cutting back. Being set straight by someone else on an issue.

--From the Dream Bible

Had a rather long, though redundant dream last night about cutting my hair (rather than having a haircut). I shave my own head, and have done so for quite a long while. I do this for several reasons: 1) though I can grow hair on the sides and back of my head, the top is fairly bald and I've been told that the shaved head looks better than the partially bald head; 2) given the consistently hot weather in Bali, no hair is cooler than hair; 3) no need to go to the barber if you don't have hair; 4) the hair that I am able to grow is drab and thin and sticks up in the front like a clump of uprooted dry grass. 

The strange thing, in keeping with the apparent rule that all of my dreams must be strange, was that the more hair I shave off, the more hair I had. I was just not getting to the bottom of the task! I would shave and shave, only to find that more hair had appeared. 

Now what can this mean? If the message involves a fresh start or a change in my thinking style, it must also involve an unwillingness at some deeper level to actually make that start or change, given that the hair stubbornly reappears despite the efforts of the razor. Or an inability to do so. 

Could be. I dunno. I do know that I have always resisted change. I dislike change even though I might be desiring change at the same time. It just shakes things up so. It interrupts the permanence I habitually seek. Change is scary, and yet change is activated beyond one's control and pursues its own course, sweeping one up as in a rushing flood. 

What changes am I facing? I really don't even want to talk about it. I would rather shave them away and be left in peace.

How's that sound? 

No comments: