Visits

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hippo

Yesterday, I spotted Takut the dog eating a cheeseburger. Not just a bit of a cheeseburger, but the entire burger, bun and all, straight out of the wrapper. This came directly after eating some Indonesian food brought by Pak Aan, the groundskeeper. 

Ever since Takut's election victory over Peter the Complainer, people have been bringing food, as if offering to some sort of royalty. 

Takut likes this arrangement just fine, though I fear he will soon be the size of a hippo and therefore more problematic than ever in my little room. As it is, I am continually stepping on or falling over the poor dog, but he seems to consider this but a minor inconvenience, not really something worth moving out of the way for. 

I begin to wonder seriously whether the residents here will want Takut to leave with me when I move to my new place in April. 

As a nod of acknowledgement to his new found popularity, Takut tries to divide his time between apartment porches. Especially at dinnertime

No comments: