Visits

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Last Appointment

Went to the eye doctor today for the last (hopefully) cataract follow-up. Also because my eyes were stinging every morning and very sensitive to sunlight. Turns out that there's no big problem, just need drops for dry eyes. No infection, no inflammation. I was given also a prescription for new eyeglass lenses. Although my vision now without glasses seems quite sharp to me, it is sharper yet with the adjustment, and I also need glasses for reading, so I suppose I'll get the new lenses. Already have the frames. 

After cataract surgery, there is a period of adjustment. At first the vision seems so sharp as to be almost unworldly. The eyes then calm down, and also calibrate with each other once surgery has been done in both eyes. The vision in my right eye, even after the cataract surgery, is inferior to the left, so the left seeks to adjust and compensate. Anyway, it's all 100 percent better than trying to see through two grey clouds, as was the situation before surgery. 

So, this has all been a bit costly, especially considering that I had just purchased eyeglasses before realizing that I needed cataract surgery, but it is well worth it. No exaggeration to say that it is a life changing experience! One is so much more ready to interact in society when he can actually see the society around him. Poor vision, like poor hearing, is an alienating condition. Of course, I still have poor hearing, but at least I can see those whom I cannot hear! 

No comments: