Visits

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gnats and Camels

A fellow Copaxone sufferer pointed out in a comment yesterday that Copaxone is associated with the development in the long term of certain cancers. It says so in the very, very, very small print on the packaging. I am taking her word for this, as the small print on pharmaceutical packaging is far beyond my ability to decipher, glasses or no glasses.

Naturally, I'm thinking Oh, no way! The last thing I need is cancer, right? I mean, cancer runs in my family to begin with. It has in fact made its own comfy home in our tree. Would it not be the height of stupidity to persist in injecting cancer into my body?

But the funny thing is that while I'm thinking these things, I am also puffing on a cigarette.

Once again I find myself gazing blankly upon my own hypocrisy.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel!

Well, it's a habit. Hypocrisy, I mean, and tobacco as well, though I have not literally strained at gnats or swallowed camels. Yet.

I tend toward what is convenient, in deed and in belief. Convenient for me, that is.

I will bring this information regarding Copaxone to my neurologist, though I will not mention tobacco consumption. So there you have it. I ought, actually, to be ashamed.

No comments: