Visits

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cloudy Vision


A couple days ago I had another one of these episodes where it seemed suddenly that I was going blind. The last time this happened was at night when I was in bed and was cured by emergent copulation.*

This time however my wife was in California and the episode happened in the afternoon just as I had logged in for work. The first thing that I noted was that I could hardly see the computer screen, let alone characters in type thereon. No matter how close I got to the screen, the letters would not come into focus. Since I work as a medical transcriptionist, not being able to see what I am typing is definitely a problem--for me, for the doctors, and for whatever poor hospital patient happens to be in my cue.

After perhaps 45 minutes had passed with no resolution of the problem, I finally called my neurologist--for although problems with my eyes have been ongoing for the past year, this was definitely much worse than what I've become accustomed to.

After another half hour the doctor returned my call. Ironically, as so often happens, my problems with vision were by then improving, just as suddenly as they had begun. It appeared also that my main fear, that this was a result of MS--was unfounded, for the difficulties that I described did not sound to the neurologist like anything that would be associated with optic neuritis. Nor did it sound like the problems one would have with cataracts.

More likely, he said, it is a migrainous symptom.

Hm. Well, it was true that I had a bit of a headache--I have one most every day--but I had always supposed that headaches termed as migrainous would be more severe.

So what do I do? Take an aspirin?

Yup.

My vision since then has returned to completely normal--which is to say in essence that I simply cannot see very well.

In an odd way I would have felt better if it had been determined that this progressive loss of vision is caused by MS. I mean what the hell--You mean to say that I'm going blind for no particular reason? What kind of quackery is that!

* Applicants for my private and confidential research study on the curative effects of sexual intercourse on multiple sclerosis are still being (eagerly) sought and accepted by the Author (come on folks, a database can hardly be erected without willing subjects).


No comments: