Visits

Monday, October 16, 2017

Hospital

Well, it looks like I'm gonna break down and go to the damn hospital. The pain that I have long suffered in my neck, shoulder and back has suddenly gotten worse rather than better. My assumption has been that this is neuropathic pain associated with MS, but of course I may be wrong. I decided that it would be at least prudent to try to get an x-ray and some blood work to see if anything showed up. Not that I have any confidence in doctors here in Bali to make a reliable diagnosis, but, hey, xrays and blood chemistry tests don't lie, right? Only two medicines have so far been very effective for this pain, the one being Xanax and the other Zyprexa. The trouble is, you can only take Xanax at night, because it puts you to sleep, and the price of Zyprexa is ridiculous -- more than 2 million Rupiah for a month's supply (or 200 dollars). Can't swing that one. Of course, Xanax is also expensive, at 50 dollars for 20 tablets. For a time, I was able to get by on 2 or 3 a week, but lately I have needed it every night. So here we go. I suppose I am mainly seeking a sort of peace of mind, a reassurance that this is not something more deadly. 

No comments: