Visits

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

In My View Three

As we proceed with the cataract issue, the fabled wheels  of Indonesian bargain hunting kick into  high gear. In accordance with the wishes of Louis and friends, I am now slated to appear at Sanglah Hospital, which, as is rumored, offers surgery for less than half the price at Kasih Ibu. Why this would be the case, I do knot know. Perhaps they eschew highfalutin modern technology, preferring the good old fashioned can opener to expensive surgical instruments and procedures? But no, Louis tells me that Sanglah is more 'western standard' than most hospitals here. So yeah … I don't know. Promotion on cataracts this week? Two for one? Bring your coupon? 

In the meantime, I'm typing this pretty much blind. I really cannot see the words that are coming out, although I can see the red underlining indicating a misspelling. How has this gotten so bad in the space of one week, more or less? Allergy? Multiple sclerosis? Given the itching and sensitivity now in both eyes (let alone the fog in the left eye), I would have to suspect an allergy of some sort. Something in the air. But the eyedrops given by the doctor yesterday at Kasiih Ibu are doing nothing at all. 

This is all even more frustrating in that just a coup9le weeks ago I had gotten new eyeglasses and was seeing better than usual. What a great feeling that was for the few days it lasted! The eyeglasses are now useless, as are the eyes themselves. 

Sigh, sigh, sigh. 

No comments: