Visits

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Impractical Paradise

 After talking things over, my doctor and I decided on a change in my cholesterol reducing agent from atorvastatin to something called rosuvastatin, along with a decrease in the dosage. I'm hoping that this will be at least somewhat more tolerable. More tolerable then the nightly near death experience of atorvastatin, I mean.

In the meantime, I have discovered that I have become super sensitive to tropical heat. This of course is unfortunate, given that I live in the tropics. So if anyone out there has a little place in Alaska for instance, or maybe North Dakota, that they can rent me for about $300 a month, I'm willing. A little snow just now sounds like heaven.

It's such a strange thing to have happened. Among the many strange things that appear to come along with stroke. I remember a time when I used to go to the beach here everyday, no matter the temperature, and swim in the ocean, and lie on the beach, and think nothing of it at all. 

Ah, the good old days.

As it is, paradise has become pretty damn impractical. Guess I'd better change the blog name.

No comments: