Visits

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

MRI

 So yesterday I finally got around to going to see the doctor. I made an appointment with my usual neurologist at the hospital and showed up early in the morning with only one patient in line before me. That patient, happily for me, did not appear for his or her appointment and so I went in first.

The doctor seemed more communicative this time around. Maybe he found my complaints, of which there were three, more interesting than usual.

The first, as I have earlier mentioned, was losing the sight in my right eye temporarily on two occasions. The second was the near fainting incident and the painful stiff leg that went along with it while I was having a coffee sometime last week.

A third, which I don't think I've mentioned here, has been a 3 week long headache, sometimes quite severe, along with a tense feeling of pressure in my forehead and behind my eyes and nose.

In any case, the doctor seemed to take these complaints seriously and felt that an MRI would be necessary and perhaps and echocardiogram as well. Not good news for me, because of course these things cost money. Nonetheless, these recent troubles had kind of spooked me so I thought I'd better agree to the tests and see if anything serious is going on, other than old age I mean.

Therefore, I returned to the hospital the next morning to have my MRI. As far as I can recollect, it has been perhaps 10 years since I last had an MRI. It turns out that they are just as annoying and uncomfortable as ever they were. So now this MRI must be sent to the doctor and then I will see the doctor once again. Apparently the MRI scans are sent to an outside facility and so I have to wait for 2 days.

In the meantime, my headache went away for about 3 hours today, which was purely wonderful! It's back now, but it was nice to briefly feel human again.

No comments: