Visits

Monday, July 22, 2024

No Country for Old Men

 No Country for Old Men. That's the headline in America today. And it's one of the reasons I don't live there anymore. 

One wonders what the Democrats will do now to further undercut their chances at winning the election. Fight over which new candidate they really want? Continue to distract the press from the base imbecile being run by the other party?

Look, I personally like Harris, but to be honest I don't believe she can attract independent and swing voters. She is way too liberal. I'm serious, folks. No joke. I mean, come on man 😅

Well, we still have prayer. And we better get on our knees straightaway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord help the 50% that can’t stand the Republicans . I will for sure vote for Harris. Anything is better than Trump.

R.W. Boughton said...

As will I, of course. I would vote for a potato over Trump.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Potato is better than Trump.

Anonymous said...

I am so discouraged by the lame ass excuse for the media I can barely endure to watch a single minute of it anymore. The sense of relief and excitement in the hallways of the elite and powerful at the new pony is excruciating and exhilarating at the same time. We will never know if Biden would have prevailed down in the electorate that pays little attention to the mechanics of click bait and talking heads, but I heartily suspect he would have kicked butt, polls being of the self same damned. Let’s just hope that Kamala can do the trick. But as you say, the most offensive aspect of the shitshow is the deep and ugly prejudice against the old gray mares that “ain’t what they used to be”. People, we just deposed the most consequential president of modern times, tossed like a rotten sack past its pull date. His wisdom in the job is without peer. There are many cultures that revere and cherish their elders, for good reason. We can celebrate him only now, with the same sigh of relief that he’s surrendered to the beatdown. American defaces them and devalues them when they (us!) get old and wrinkly and frail. So, it seems that no matter being by far the most capable choice to captain the ship, gotta take the keys away, grandpa…

R.W. Boughton said...

Thanks for sending these astute reflections. Couldn't have said it better myself. Now they bring out the window dressings. Clean up on aisle ten. And the press loves it (even while surely knowing beter). We transition from reporting that Biden is angry and stubborn to sudden fawning admiration of his matchless integrity and self-sacrifice. And the money magically flows once again. I share your nausea, if that gives any comfort.